Village of Oxford in Oxford Michigan, homes for sale, market report December 2014 … Oxford is a village in Oakland County in the state of Michigan. Home to about 3,500 residents, the village is located within Oxford Township and covers about 1 square mile. The village calls itself sister city to Oxford, England although originally known for being “The Barren Plains of Oxford” because many settlers didn’t want to live here due to the rumors of it being nothing but swampland …
Real Estate Market Overview:
In the last 45 days there have been 34 homes sold (down 28%) in the 48370 – 48371 area with an average price of $200,216 (down 9%). This price includes residential homes and condos. The average days on market until sold is at 58 days (up 14%), as of today (12/08/14) there are 35 active homes and condos for sale giving us 1.0 months of inventory (down 17% from last report). Homes and condos marked as pending sales by 01/12/2015 is at 32 units.
What does this mean for sellers and buyers in this zip code area? For sellers, fewer homes are being sold and at a lesser amount, days on market is increasing which is also a negative. But don’t forget, November through January are historically slow months for the real estate market. Buyers, with home prices dropping and mortgage rates still cheap, this winter should be a good time to purchase. Keep an eye on the inventory though, if inventory continues to drop that will increase prices.
Examples of Recent Listings And Sales:
* Roy Rd, listed at $124,900 with 3 bedrooms, 1169 sq.ft and basement
* Maloney St, listed at $189,900 with 4 bedrooms, 3201 sq.ft and garage
* Ridge Field Ct, listed at $249,900 with 3 bedrooms, 1792 sq.ft and basement, garage
* Royal Birkdale St, listed at $377,010 with 3 bedrooms, 2427 sq.ft and basement, garage
* Spring Lake Dr, $587,000 with 5 bedrooms, 4338 sq.ft and basement, 2 car garage
* Foreland Dr, sold in 1 day for $120,000 with basement, garage, ranch on .29 acre
* Inverness Dr, sold in 7 days for $187,900 with basement, garage, colonial on .19 acre
* Vackaro Ct, sold in 58 days for $230,000 with basement, garage, ranch on 1.07 acre
* State St, sold for $274,337 in 1 day, basement, garage and appliances
* Dakota Ct, sold in 176 days for $445,000 with basement, garage, colonial on 1.0 acre
Community video >>>
If this is the type of community you and your family would like to live in, please contact us online or call 810-338-0628. Or, if you need information on how to get your home ready to sell / lease contact us TODAY!