Home owners crave outdoor spaces for gathering and entertaining, which is why it’s important to highlight your outdoor spaces.
1. Natural wood and stone: Natural wood and stone features are popular today, even those made of faux materials like vinyl. “This design trend can make an outdated home look modern on the exterior, causing more buyers to stop and schedule a showing”.
2. Privacy: Home owners love outdoor space but they also like their privacy. Make the outdoor space more private. Place walls around the pergola, enclose a gazebo, or use tall shrubbery to create more backyard privacy.
3. Lighting: Good outdoor lighting helps make a property appear more inviting and improves the security. Make sure there are plenty of lights on the backyard or deck. Solar lighting can be an inexpensive way to add more lights, if the wiring isn’t in place. “A well-lit deck lends itself to summer barbecues and parties”.
4. Low-maintenance landscaping: Buyers tend to be drawn to low maintenance. Try using perennials, which can add a splash of color, but don’t need to be replanted every year. Also, mulch and rock can help keep weeds away while also enhancing the space’s look. Stone walkways and decorative items can further spruce up a lawn, without adding in extra maintenance.
5. Fire pits and fireplaces: A fire pit can provide an outdoor spot for easy entertaining. Stage it with chairs all around and ready for making s’mores.
6. Outdoor structures: To enhance a backyard, a gazebo or pergola can go a long way to help making the space more inviting. “These outdoor structures boost the function, and therefore increase your home’s value”.
References: RealtorMag, RISMedia
Donald Horne, Team Success Listing
Associate Broker-Coldwell Banker Shooltz Realty
Oxford Office 248-969-8065
Lapeer Office 810-338-0628
Team Success Listing’s
Find Out Your Home’s Value